Two-Day Workshop for the Career Choices Curriculum
Explore new frontiers in education, exchange ideas, evaluate approaches, and learn how to develop plans and create the kind of models that work best in your school, for your students.
While the training revolves around the Career Choices curriculum, you'll also have an opportunity to focus on project-based learning techniques, team teaching tactics, curriculum integration models, and dropout prevention strategies.
You'll learn how to:
- Successfully teach Career Choices and adapt it to meet your classroom goals
- Integrate career and life planning thematically into the academic classroom
- Motivate students with relevant exercises and activities
- Help 8th/9th grade students make a successful transition into high school and plan for post-secondary education or training
- Practical strategies for using each student's plan to improve advisory and academic coaching functions
- Use the Internet to enhance your student achievement
- Tap into special funding opportunities and community resources
You'll leave this workshop with:
- Proven dropout prevention and college completion strategies
- A curriculum that helps students recognize the value of education and understand the importance of completing the post-secondary certifications and/or degrees needed to support the lifestyle they want
- The Standards for a Freshman Transition Course from The George Washington University
- An introduction to the Get Focused...Stay Focused!® Initiative developed through Santa Barbara City College
Register at least three weeks before the event and receive our special "Early Bird" rate.